Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Three Musketeers

As a business owner and busy mom of two little ones, I have needed to be creative with my childcare. Alison, our friend and neighbor, Sami, and I have worked out a childcare solution which we've affectionately referred to as "The Three Musketeers." Essentially we each have three 3 year olds (and Sami and I also have our 3 month olds) one day per week. This gives each of the mamas two days of work. Well, today was my day with the kids, so little work is done; but we managed to remain creative. We made ink blots with kid-safe paint, and the finished paintings turned out quite beautiful for 3 year olds. The whole Rorschachian interpretation of the paintings are fun, too-- the kids saw lot's of butterflies, bugs, and mountains.

Tomorrow we're in the field planting annuals and touching up pots. And in the early morning we'll be adjusting a design to accommodate an angled fence. This project is under construction, and we're quite excited about it. There are a lot of details in this small space though, so I expect we'll need to make a few adjustments in the field. I can't wait to see the completed garden. The owners are a fantastic family with a great sense of style, and we had a lot of fun working on the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment